Republic Services provides exclusive waste and recycling collection services for residential and commercial accounts for the City of Maywood. We offer one-stop shopping for all of the city's waste removal needs. Although we specialize in solid waste and recycling collection, our services go far beyond just emptying the trash bins.
Each residence receives one set of carts, consisting of trash, recycling and yard waste and are serviced on Thursdays only.
- Trash (black): 96-gallon
- Recycling (blue): 65-gallon
- Yard Waste (green): 32-gallon
Additional trash containers are available at a fee.
There is no charge for additional recycle containers.
You may receive one (1) additional yard waste container at no charge. More than 2 will result in an additional fee.
Please contact our customer service department at 800-299-4898 to schedule a delivery or replacement.
- Bulk Items
- Single and multi-family residential customers receive free bulk item pickups.
- A customer shall have the right to weekly bulk items pickups per year, with up to four (4) items per pick up.
- Bulk items include: furniture (chairs, sofas, mattresses, and rugs); appliances (refrigerators, ranges, washers, dryers, water heaters, dishwashers, plumbing and small household appliances); electronic waste.
- Please call 24 hours in advance to schedule a pickup.
- Bulk item pickups take place Thursdays.
- Holiday Tree Collection
- This will begin December 26th, and will run for a three (3) week period.
- Republic Services will collect holiday trees at no charge to residents during this time.
Effective Sunday, July 1, 2012, the State of California passed Assembly Bill 341 (AB 341) which requires mandatory recycling for multi-family residential dwellings of five (5) units or more and businesses that generate more than 4-cubic yards of commercial solid waste per week.
For businesses that are interested in implementing on-site recycling, Republic Services offers recycling at a reduced rate. If you would like to schedule a free onsite assessment, please call our customer service department for more information.
Bulk item pickup is available to multi-family residents (5 or more units) and commercial businesses. If you would like to find out more, please call our customer service department at 800-299-4898.