With nationwide reach, but local service, we proudly serve 13 million customers in 40 states and Puerto Rico. Your household waste and recyclables are safely collected and responsibly transported to various disposal facilities by our residential collection workers. We start early in the morning and don’t leave until all your neighborhood trash cans are empty. You can depend on us.
We also offer construction and business/commercial service.Click here
to download information on single stream recycling.Route Search
The scheduled Semi-Annual Clean up events will no longer be offered in Half Moon Bay— instead you can now call Republic Services and choose your own dates for clean-ups.
Let Republic Services accommodate your demanding schedule by coming to your home to collect your throw-away items. Each resident is offered up to two FREE clean-ups per year, just call us at (650) 592-2411 at least two weeks in advance to schedule. Clean-ups must coincide with your normal collection day.
Single Family Dwellings:
Residents are allowed a maximum of 2 cubic yards of material, which is equivalent to twelve 32-gallon bags of material. In addition, residents can set out one large item (i.e. computer, television, washing machine, dryer, refrigerator, freezer. Refrigerator door must be removed), as long as the item does not exceed 200 pounds. No commercial size refrigerators or freezers are accepted. No hazardous waste (e.g. paints, thinners, or other chemicals) will be accepted for on call clean-ups or for regular collection service.Multi Family Dwellings:
Residents are allowed to set out a maximum of 1 cubic yard of material, which is equivalent to six 32-gallon bags of material. In addition, residents can set out one large item (i.e. computer, television, washing machine or dryer), as long as the item does not exceed 200 pounds.
No refrigerators or freezers are allowed. No hazardous waste (i.e. paints, thinners, or other chemicals) will be accepted for on call clean- ups or for regular collection service.
Clean-up material must be placed at the curb by 6:00 a.m. on your scheduled pickup day.
- All trash must be bagged, boxed, bundled (bundles should be 4 feet or less) or otherwise contained. There is a 60-pound weight limit per container, box, bundle or bag.
- Keep yard trimmings and clean wood waste separate from clean-up material as it can be recycled. Yard trimmings and wood must also be boxed, bundled or otherwise contained. There is 60-pound weight limit per container, box, bundle or bag.
- Prohibited materials include: motor vehicles, vehicle parts and batteries, tires, motorcycles, dirt, rock, stucco, concrete, hot ashes, animal waste, poison oak, commercial refrigerators, toxic substances and paint.
- Keep mixed paper, cardboard, bottles and cans separate for recycling.
We encourage you to call a local charity to donate unwanted items that can be reused.
You may have some unwanted items that a non-profit would be very happy to receive. Visit www.communitywishlist.org
to search for an organization in San Mateo County who will put your discarded items to good use. You can also contact San Mateo RecycleWorks at (888) 442-2666 or www.RecycleWorks.org
for donation information.
No single large item should weigh more than 200 pounds.
- Apartment complex owners and managers must call us at (650) 592-2411 to schedule clean-up service for the complex.
- Refrigerators, air conditioners, televisions and computer monitors can be picked up for a fee.
Customers are subject to additional charges for exceeding the limits.